Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Southeast Botanical Gardens

On Sunday we took the kids to the Botanical Gardens right near Kadena. We have driven by this place so many times. I did a little checking and found out they offered a lunch buffet with admission, so we decided to go.

Since it is December, there weren't as many plants and flowers blooming as there will be in a few months, but it was still nice to walk around outside, in December, with no jackets! And we still got a few fun pictures

The buffet was mostly Japanese style food, which we sampled and enjoyed. We have learned that almost every restraunt offers Curry and Rice so we will never go hungry! For dessert we sampled a little of everything, including the Coffee Jello. It was REALLY good, imagine iced coffee with milk.




After we ate we went down to check out the Pound of Carp. Originally I thought they meant Pond of Carp, but after seeing them I don't think the spelling was a mistake.
Chris noticed a vending machine full of fish food, so we invested a couple hundred Yen and started to feed the fish. At first it was cute seeing the fish come up to the pier with their mouths open like little birds. But it quickly turned into a feeding frenzy.



It was a nice afternoon out.

BTW Happy Birthday to my dad, I missed the date completely (vacation and all) until I asked the kids what the date was when we were in the bank. I love you dad and your package will be on its way as soon as our post office opens back up (hopefully on Saturday)

Tomorrow's post: Love mail from Germany - YUM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they must have meant "ton of carp" holy cow LOL

AND, I JUST saw this post, I know it was NOT on here before LOL funny.

You got mail?

ItsJustMeHeather said...

LOL I was having trouble getting the video loaded so I saved the post for later. Forgot to change the publish date. It is fixed now!