Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My care package

The variety of foods here in Japan is staggering. For example their cold drinks don't fit in a small Pepsi or Coke fridge in front of the check stand. They put them in 2 aisle long fridge cases. I could drink a different beverage every day we are here and never repeat. And the bakeries, Bento meals and snacks could keep me from having to cook for months.

But there is something to be said for basic American fare. Some of which I can get at the commissary, but even they don't stock some Spring family necessities. So when my brother said he wanted to put together a Christmas care package, food is what we asked for! Specifically, cook and serve butterscotch pudding, malt powder and popcorn salt. Rick... THANK YOU!!!!!!

He went above and beyond by including three different flavors of popcorn salt, my favorite, black pepper Triscuits, Hersheys chocolates and Minnesota Wild Rice. I have already hidden the popcorn salt so the kids don't use it up without me :)

He even snuck in a gift just for me, a Christmas scrapbook/card kit! Does he know me or what? Love ya, bro!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's LOVE LOL

Unknown said...

that is so awesome. What a great brother.