Friday, December 05, 2008

Knitting class

I signed up for a knitting class at the Craft center on Kadena. I had taught myself the basics from a book and learned a little from the ladies at the Starbucks Knit Along, but I wanted to learn more. Then I heard about the intermediate knitting class. The class was going to teach people how to cable knit. I decided that was the class for me.

Yesterday was our first lesson. I am one of two ladies in the class so we get some one on one attention :) I made a bookmark in the first hour of class and started on a hairband before our time was up. I have printed off instructions and bought yarn for a scarf pattern with 3 cables. We will see how that goes!

Tonight Lyle has the kids and their various activities. I am off to a progressive dinner and ornament exchange.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! (what are you reading?)

ItsJustMeHeather said...

I borrowed Stephanie's book, Pendragon, for the photo op. My little muder mysteries never need a bookmark!

MandySue said...

i love it. My grandma taught me how to crochet when I was younger and she taught my brother and sister how to knit. They made all sorts of dishcloths and pot holders. I would love to learn to knit.

Oh you should join www.goodreads.com Ellen and I use it. Its really fun to see what your friends are reading and to keep track of what you have read.

Cyndy said...

Great job! If you need a good book, checkout: The Friday Night Knitting club and The Shack.