Monday, December 22, 2008

Cooking Mama

The weather on Okinawa has turned cold...okay lows in the 50's, but for us that is COLD! And cold weather always brings out the cook in me. I don't know if it is the need to warm up our house by using the oven, or if this weather calls for home baked goodies. Either way I have been baking and the family has been eating well.

On Saturday I baked two batches of cookies for a cookie swap I was going to on Sunday. My Neopolitan Cookies are a tried and true recipe, but I also tried a new cookie called Eggnog Snickerdoodles

And as if 2 batches of cookies weren't enough, I also signed up to bring a dessert to church on Sunday. I made an Apricot Cheese Danish that was TOO DIE FOR! If (I mean when) I make this again I am going to try it with Strawberry Preserves instead of Apricot.

Today was spent baking as well. I had already planned pasta with Italian Sausage for dinner, and my Rosemary Garlic Bread sounded like it would be perfect to go with it. And the leftover loaves will make excellent grilled cheese sandwiches to go with tomorrow's soup dinner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna see the Danish LOL I printed out the Eggnog cookie recipe, might try it...and while looking at eggnog recipes, I found an eggless eggnog recipe that I'm going to try...

but seriously, where's the pic of the Danish....or did it not stay around long enough to take a pic? LOL

ItsJustMeHeather said...

I meant to take a picture of the danish, but I wanted one after it was sliced so you could see the filling. I sliced it, put it on the buffet and then it was gone!

I will just have to make another :)