Tuesday, December 02, 2008

O Christmas Tree

As I stated in my previous post, I don't decorate the Christmas tree. In previous years I would go out shopping on Black Friday and by the time I got home Lyle and the kids would have most of the decorating done. Then we moved to Okinawa.

Last year since we were in Temporary Lodging we didn't even think about putting anything up. But the kids suprised us with a tiny potted pine tree to use as a Christmas tree. We decided on keeping that tiny tree as our Okinawa Christmas Tree for the next few years. The tree has grown a little, but not enough for any elaborate decorations. I crocheted a small tree skirt and bought a sting of teeny light garland.

It took Chris and Stephanie all of 2 minutes to "decorate" our tree:

3 comments:

MandySue said...

our basement flooded a few months ago and our big tree is toast. Since we are moving in march we decided to just pull out our small 3 ft. prelit tree and forgo the big one.

Anonymous said...

Grinches. LOL

I'm one to talk though, mine's not even out of storage yet hehe.

susan s said...

wow that is a tiny tree--not sure i would get used to that. love susan