Thursday, February 21, 2008

Locked On Base.... Day one

Since the option of heading off base was taken away, I caught up with some other mundane tasks.


I went for a long walk/run this morning logging in 4 miles. Then came home and got started with my day.


I spent the most of the day finishing my swap cards, realizing a dozen different ways I could have made them better.


Then I cooked my family a burger dinner that was SOOOO yummy. The recipe came from Taste of Home:



They are called Hawaiian Honey Burgers

2 pounds Ground Beef

1/2 Cup Honey

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoon curry powder

1/8 teaspoon ground ginger

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/4 cup soy sauce

8 slices canned pineapple

Combine the beef, honey, cinnamon, paprika, curry powder, ginger, and nutmeg until well blended. Shape into 8 3/4 inch patties. Grill over medium hot for 3 minutes on each side. Place pineapple rings onto grill. Baste all with soy sauce. Cook an additional 4-6 minutes, turning and basting occasionally. Serve burgers topped with pineapple on a bun. These need no other condiments.

Next time I might drop the honey down to 1/3 cup, and triple the pineapple. The slices were delicious all on their own!

I have no idea what I might do tomorrow since shopping off base is still not an option.

No comments: