Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Isolation continues.

I am spending the day power cropping for the Scrap event I am going to on Friday, and I have the TV on in the background. I just watched a new announcement regarding our "Period of Reflection". The guy on TV (some Marine officer) has announced that "after reviewing the events they have decided to extend limited activity off base. This policy will next be reviewed on March 3rd"

You have got to be kidding me! Two weekends, stuck on base, not able to shop for local fish and produce(not to mention Yen store items), not able to visit any of "the beautiful Okinawa sights" our AFN TV keeps telling us to take in, and no local restaurants. After this weekend, Lyle is on Weekend duty for the following two weeks. All because of single soldiers ( marines mostly) that can't behave. I say kick their butts of the Island, send them back to the US, courtmartial them out of the service and let me and my family enjoy our time here.

Just my two cents.... Thanks for listening!

No comments: