Sunday, February 10, 2008

Back to the daily grind

I gave myself yesterday to just kind of hang around the house. We were all up early, so I went to see if this was a flea market weekend (it wasn't), went to claim our 2 weeks worth of mail (new cm catalog... wait for the e-mail!), and went to the commissary to buy milk and bread. We drove by the theater to see if anything good was playing. No good movies but the community center was having Family Bingo from 2-4.

So we went to family bingo. It was fun, but typical of a services run event anywhere, if you bought a 6-pack of bingo cards you got a free dauber! However, they don't sell daubers, so we marked our cards with a crayola marker! We didn't win... Neither did the VERY loud woman and her 4 kids sitting behind us. At one point Chris said (in a whisper Thank God) "she is annoying, we shouldn't sit by her again!"

Anyway, I told myself last night I was going to get back to a semi-normal routine. I got up this morning (still early, but that is okay) and dressed for a run. Now I haven't actually walked more than a mile in the last two weeks, so I knew I wouldn't run far! But I set out anyway. I wasn't able to run more than a half mile in a stretch, but all totaled (thanks to my watch) I walked and ran 3 miles this morning.

I also have plans to do laundry! Gotta love being back home :)

4 comments:

MandySue said...

Oh my goodness. I am so glad to have you back! For some reason my link on my blog site that I check from wasn't working and was only linking me back to your Jan 1 post. I kept checking and "nothing new :(" Then Ellen alerted me to the problem... Yay, it's fixed now so I had lots of fun reading to do!!!!

Bev said...

Hey! You want to swap with us too?
:)

Tanya said...

Hey, mine still reverts back to Jan 1st. How does one go about fixing that problem?

Anonymous said...

You may have to save your link again...

Glad you're home Heather :)