Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One more, then I am caught up

Okay, I would have updated the blog yesterday, but we had no power. The base is updating our power lines. We live in Washington Heights, which is nicknamed Washington No Lights due to the frequency of the power outages here. So fixing the problem is a good idea. But it means no power for me for the next 3 Tuedays.


But I spent my energy free day putting some finishing touches on our unpacking. Mostly in my scrapcloset. I discovered my table can't be stored there (too big) so that is now hidden behind a door in the bathroom. And I am going through item by item and arranging on the shelf. My closet size is about the same as my storage closet in GF so it should all fit. The problem is that I want EVERYTHING to be accessible and that isn't happening yet. Maybe eventually.

On an up note, mama erne sent me a link to her favorite winery http://dolceimports.com/Home_Page.php
When she first moved to GF in 2004 she shared a bottle of wine with me that she brought back from Italy. Loosely translated it was called "The blood of Judas". It was the sweetest, smoothest Red wine I had ever tasted. I held onto the empty bottle until we moved, just in hopes of finding someplace that would import it. Turns out the AAFES people are bringing it onto the bases! So I decided to check out little store to see if they could order it for me. It was already on the shelf and at less than $7 a bottle it is the perfect wine for me. This vintner also makes a white wine that we are going to try with dinner tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, power and crockpot-less with two bottles of wine?

That sounds like a formula for some trouble.

Imagine if you'd sent your whole house? THAT would have been a ton of boxes...I know mine was! I still have some to unpack lol

How was the "white"?

Bev said...

Ooo! Wine..mmmm!
Lookie~ you only have 6001 miles left!