Sunday, January 27, 2008

I hate jet lag!

According to my world time clock (and my body clock) it is 5 pm on Sunday. In actuality it is 2 am Sunday morning. My clock is so messed up I can't sleep even tho I am exhausted.

Just a quick update, since no one else is up and I am tired of internet games.

Our flight was horrible. Okay, just the first flight, but it really was horrible. Turbulence for 2 straight hours, an aborted landing, one gagging child and one puking child. That's all I need to say about that! Fortunately, the other 2 flights were smooth as butter, just long.

Lyle's mom has an official diagnosis. Pancreatic cancer. There is no true cure for this, the doctors can treat the symptoms and try to slow its progress with Chemo, but it is a fast moving, untreatable disease. We are all dealing with this news, the best way we know how. Bonnie is trying the chemo, we should know within a week if it is having any effect. But until then, she will remain in the hospital.

On another note, my baby boy turned 15 on Saturday. We had a little cake and went out for dinner. We saved his cards from everyone so he had something here to open. He has grown up so much in the last few months!
That's it for now, my tea is gone so I am going to try to get my body to sleep.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Happy Birthday Chris!

Anonymous said...

Chris, Steph say Happy Birthday.

Heather I am glad you made it safely. Remember you have some friends that are just a phone call away. Hint, Hint. Call one of us, let us know how you are doing.

Anonymous said...

Chris, Steph say Happy Birthday.

Heather I am glad you made it safely. Remember you have some friends that are just a phone call away. Hint, Hint. Call one of us, let us know how you are doing.