Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Bloggers Annonymous

Hi, my name is Heather and it has been 5 days since my last post.

The family and I had a pretty nice weekend. We left the base, drove down to the Marine base to find where we had to take the car for our registration decal. That was an event! If you ask anyone for directions here they say it is just up the road, but the main gate is under construction and we have to rely on word of mouth or a really sketchy map of streets that aren't named or numbered very well.

We tried to find this same base 3 weeks ago and eventually did after circling the fence for 30 minutes, so I asked my neighbor. "There has to be an easier way onto Foster.... isn't there?" and she said to just go up the road and turn left the gate is right there!

So on Saturday we left.... went up the road.... and turned left. We ended up on the same twist road we were on the first time we tried to find it. Fortunately, we knew where we were going from there. Then drove on the base to find all the different gates. And you know what we found? All we had to do was go up the road and turn left.... One street after we turned!

We now have the drive to the marine base mastered! After Foster, I directed Lyle to Naval Kadena, a shopping area close by. That I could find after only being shown once, in the dark. It is shopping, ya know, and they have a 100 Yen store. I could have found it blindfolded!

Lyle liked the grocery store, and the Wal-mart type store, and of course, we all loved the 100 Yen store. Because our stuff hadn't arrived yet, I just walked and built my shopping list for next weekend. Chris wanted to look at the video arcade that was on the second floor so we headed over there. The Japanese seem to REALLY like the claw games. There were more claw games than anything else in there.

When we were done there, we decided to do a little more exploring in the car and drove the coast line until we saw a highway sign leading us home. It was a nice day out and I feel a little more comfortable venturing off base.

No comments: