Friday, June 27, 2008

Picture Cube

Today I took the kids (mine and Rita's) bowling. The base offers a "Summer Strike" program for the kids to get a free game of bowling and shoe rental every day of the summer. They ended up playing 3 games and ate lunch there too.

I am not much of a bowler, so I took all the supplies to work on a craft project I wanted to try:


A Photo Cube Puzzle

Jen PV made one of these towards the end of my ND cropping days and I liked it enough to file it away in my mental "to do someday" list. I found the cubes at the Yen store (6 cubes for 100 yen) so I bought them. I am going out shopping tomorrow and plan to buy more. It was a fun little project, but the instructions were a bit confusing. I had to move my pieces around a couple times to get it to work right.

Just a hint, I made a little model using 8 dice and sticker strips to identify the 10 different sides. It helped A LOT!

2 comments:

Susan said...

this is very cool. Devin has an AF one that I was messing with just the other day and thought to myself..."hmmm, wonder if I could make this?"

great job! lemme guess...it's pics of your property? heh

ItsJustMeHeather said...

Yep, Lyle needed something to do at work that he actually might enjoy :) I made another one today with just designs on it and the "side #'s" so it is easier to do next time.