Monday, June 09, 2008

Okinawa Hai

One of my Okinawa friends, Heidi, led me to a great resource- www.okinawahai.com.
This website has information on just about anything on island from an American point of view. They even have turn by turn directions to everything!

After Saturday's trip out, I knew we needed to have something "real" to do for Sunday. I popped onto OkinawaHai and found a post about a new strip mall that had opened up, and according to the directions it wasn't that far from us. We loaded the kids into the car and took off.

Chris found something right away in the first shop we entered. He said this shirt "screamed Chris", Lyle and I agreed it screamed something, but he really wanted it and it was on clearance (who would've guessed) so we bought it for him.


We went through each shop one by one and let the kids waste some allowance in the Arcade. The arcade had slot machines and video poker set up in the far corner, the kids stayed away from those.

Our last stop was a grocery store. I could spend hours walking the Japanese grocery stores. I love the tiny packages of everything, the fun artwork and the cleanliness of it all. We bought a few little things to try. Next time we are eating lunch or dinner at one of the many restraunts that were there.

So if you find some time on your hands check out the site and let me know what you think!

No comments: