Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Priceless

Dog from Lost/Found ad FREE
Kennel and assorted toys $75
Vet appointment for getting Spayed $142
Finding out your dog was already spayed PRICELESS

That was my (and Haru's) experience today. I had asked the vet at the first appointment if they thought she had been spayed, I didn't notice an incision and neither did they. So I made the appointment and brought her in this morning, thankful she hadn't gone into heat over the last few months.

When I picked her up today, I paid my bill, then was brought back into the vet office to claim my dog. The vet came in first and asked where we got our dog. I told her she was a stray and we adopted her a few months ago. That's when she dropped the bomb that Haru had already been spayed, probably in Europe. She only had her ovaries removed in that surgery, a European technique. The vet said she took the rest of the works since Haru was already opened up.

I feel horrible for my poor puppy now, as she naps on her blankets, but am left to wonder about how she came to be with us. Is she a German dog? Italian? possibly a Russian spy? We will never know why her other owners didn't microchip her, or why they didn't look for her when she got lost. All I know is we lucked in to one of the best (and smartest) dogs I have ever met.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding me. That is crazy.

Susan said...

You have an International Pooch of Mystery!!

MandySue said...

poor thing.

Boca was a stray too. They picked her up along highway 2 in November. We adopted her in early December. Poor thing. But she was already housebroken. Someone did the dirty work for us, gotta love that!