Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Steph's Bday Recap

Stephanie spent the afternoon swimming with Chris, Darien and Diana. I dropped them all off around noon at the pool and told them to give me a call when they wanted to get picked up. I had a very nice, relaxing, quiet afternoon. At 4:00 I took the dry laundry upstairs and found the phone, on my bed, off the hook. No wonder they hadn't called yet!

I hung up the phone and hurried over to the pool to pick them up, ready or not. They were all sitting on the curb outside the pool and had been there for almost an hour, trying to call me every few minutes! I took Darien and Diana back to their room, and took my two home. Lyle came home shortly after saying he tried to call a few times and it just rang. I told him about the phone fiasco, but he said he had JUST tried to call and it still wasn't working. I checked the phone and sure enough, our line was dead until he could call the communications office in the morning.

We headed off to go to dinner. Stephanie had chosen Mike's Italian Garden for her Birthday dinner. Unfortunately, Mike's is closed on Tuesday. After a few minutes in the parking lot she decided to go to Platter's a 50's style diner on base. Platter's is right next to the theater so we saw that Get Smart was playing in less than an hour. We ate quick then got our seats. It was pretty funny, we all left laughing.
We had a giant cookie waiting back home (Steph didn't want cake) and she had some presents to open. Our gift hadn't arrived yet (Wal-mart shipping takes forever when you need your order), but Stephanie had gifts from Chris ( art supplies) and envelopes from family back in the states.

Overall, she said she had a good day, and that is what counts!

No comments: