Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Earthquake

Since I don't get real US news I have no idea if you heard that we had an earthquake yesterday.

It has been so long since I felt an earthquake it took a second for me to realize what was happening. The kids were out delivering papers, so I called Lyle to see if he felt it too. It was a 6.0 according to this web site:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.html
But nothing moved from it original location, no cupboards opened and no damage was done.

Chris and Stephanie didn't even notice since they were outside! Funny since both had been concerned about earthquakes since we got here!

2 comments:

MandySue said...

oh my goodness! I hate earthquakes! I was in one back in Washington while I was at work in a small gift shop. So scary!!!!! Then we had aftershocks for the next day. So glad to hear everything is okay!

Susan said...

Shaking things up a little bit there were ya? hehe