Friday, July 25, 2008

Full Friday

I woke up this morning with no real plans. Lyle had a squadron function for lunch so I had the whole day (with the kids). After getting home from the gym, I realized we (the kids and I) couldn't do a whole lot since Chris had over 200 weekly flyers to distribute to the neighborhood, and the dog needed a bath, so we stuck close to home.











I pulled out my stamping stuff, since it had been a while. I decided to try to use some of those items that have been hanging around a little too long. I only got 5 cards made, but since Lyle has a dinner function tomorrow night, I will get to do some more.

For dinner tonight I decided to try the stir fry recipe I found for that Winter Melon I bought. Just in case, I also bought soba noodles so we wouldn't starve :) Cooked, the winter melon doesn't really have a taste kind of like a soft water chestnut. Raw, it tastes like the white part of a watermelon rind. Either way no one thought it was worth buying again and the kids were happy to have soba noodles.

After dinner, since it is Friday, Lyle and I went for a longer than normal walk. We walked up the exercise trail, named the Habu Trail. I was a little nervous since it was getting dark, and the trail is unlit (and near the jungle). We made it off the trail without an incident and stopped to get ice cream at the Baskin Robbins. Hey, we did just walk up hill for over 3 miles, we deserve it! While walking home from BR a car sped past us, braked, and reversed. We weren't sure what they were doing until we heard the bump and thud. Then we saw the Habu Snake! Our first Habu snake, in the middle of the road, right on our normal walking route! It was not huge at 2-2 1/2 feet, but it was enough to make us jumpy for the rest of the walk home.

Now it is time to curl up on the couch and relax for the evening. See you all tomorrow!


2 comments:

Tanya said...

My walk would have turned into a run! I like the brown card, it's really cute!

Carol said...

Yuck!!!