Sunday, May 25, 2008

Slow day

Stephanie spent the weekend camping with the girl scouts at Okuma Recreation area on the northern end of the island. With her gone, we stuck close to home. So the highlight of my day today was trying one of the japanese snacks I bought on my last trip through the grocery area of the 100 YEN store.
These looked like Corn Nuts, one of my favorite snacks, so I thought I would try them. We have bought many of the varieties of dried bean snacks this company makes and have loved them all. This pack was no exception. They taste like corn nuts flavored with Wasabi, a win/win for me :)

The only other thing we did today was our normal evening walk, but it had to be cut short due to a swarm of moth like, biting bugs that seemed to be everywhere. Of course, we were walking after dark, something we don't normally do. I guess that is why.

Steph made it home safe, tired, bug bitten and sunburned, but safe. We are hoping to go exploring tomorrow if the weather holds, but since the rainy season is upon us there are no guarantees. On the other hand, if it rains that means more Yen store shopping, again a win/win for me.

No comments: