Thursday, May 22, 2008

Potstickers (AKA Gyoza or Dumplings)

I have loved potstickers from the moment I tried them. Almost every Chinese buffet has them and the grocery stores sell them, but I decided to try to MAKE them. So I turned to my trusty Recipezaar.com and found recipe #171506, The Secret to Perfect Gyoza N Potstickers. I went to the commisary and they had ALL the ingredients (amazing) so it was added to the menu to go alongside stir fry pork and soba noodles.

The pork and cabbage mixture made WAY more than I expected.

The round Gyoza wrappers were easy to work with and looked nice when folded together. I ended up with 40 potstickers and half a pound of filling left for the freezer.

Even Lyle (AKA mr picky) liked them. It was hard to walk away from the leftovers. Between the extra soba noodles and potstickers we have lunch for tomorrow all sewn up.

1 comment:

Cyndy said...

I had never heard of potstickers until you told me about them in, GF, since then I see them everywhere and just last night on top chef --probably a show you don't see, at least not in real time. And each time I do, I think of you. I thought you had made them before? Glad it was a crowd pleaser.