Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Korean Yellow Melon

I saw this odd looking thing in the produce section of the commissary last week, called a Korean Yellow Melon. It looked alot like a squash, but since they called it a melon, I figured I needed more info before I bought one.
So I looked it up online, and the description said it was ripe when the skin was yellow, and that it had a taste similar to a cantaloupe. Today I bought one and served it up with dinner. Chris said it was "okay" but the rest of us really enjoyed it. I had to explain to Steph that she was to eat it like a watermelon (after she tried to take a bite, rind and all). It tasted like a cross between a Honeydew and Cantaloupe, but the texture was like eating a firm pear. With cantaloupe being a rarity here I am sure we will all get our fill of Korean Yellow Melon.

No comments: