Monday, March 31, 2008

Nothing

That is what has been going on here lately, which is why there hasn't been anything posted. I would think about something to blog everyday, but it was never anything big enough for it's own post.

I took Haru to the vet last week. I made an appointment, but I guess that is just a formality. I was there for almost 2 hours before they took her into the back to give her shots. I never even got to talk to the vet. They estimate she is between 6-12 months old and needs another booster in a week. She has adapted to life with us pretty well.

I got my hair cut last week too. If I had made it home in my beauty shop do I would have posted. The japanese lady that trimmed my hair also attempted to style it, but my hair is so thick and the humidity affects it so badly that it looked like an Afro! I thought about the blog entry all the way home, but by the time I got home it had gotten wind blown and when I fixed it for a photo it looked normal so no post. Those of you in GF please go by and give Brenda a hug and tell her I miss her!

This weekend was the base Market Day. It was a quiet day without a lot of people going by. Good thing I brought my computer! I was showing how to use the digital scrapping program and got most of our SD trip done!

We went out for dinner Saturday night to a BBQ place just outside the main gate. It was one of those places that you cook your own meat on the little grill in the center of your table. We tried a few new foods (since it was order all you care to eat) but Chris and Lyle were the most daring. Chris ordered the "small fish" which was a whole fish about 5 inches long and only an inch tall. The waiter brought three so Lyle said he would try one too. They cooked them up and ate 1 each. I couldn't bring myself to do it especially after Chris ate his tail first. Lyle started joking that next time they are ordering the Pig Neck and the Broiled Beef Innards.

Sunday was a quiet day. Steph and I went to see Horton Hears a Who (good movie) Chris caught up on homework and Lyle went to the driving range. Now we are ready for another week!

1 comment:

MandySue said...

Yeah! I am so in need of a hair cut. I should be getting one this week. Something different I think.