Monday, March 17, 2008

The last couple days

Well, the ORI is over, and I think the US was successful in defending it's position here in the pacific. Best of all, Lyle is off 12 hour shifts after 12 straight days and we were able to spend the weekend together as a family!


We packed up the kids and the dog and decided to head to the beach. The week before I was supposed to take Steph to a beach clean up with the Girl Scouts, but the caravan of parents left without me (I was waiting for my son to get out of the shoppette). I had a map, and tried to follow it, but it was not a good map and I wasn't familiar with the area so we got lost. I did find my way home, but not the beach. Lyle took this as a challenge and we were off to find that specific area of sand.


Of course, he found it, but I WAS the navigator and I already knew where it wasn't so I will take half credit! The kids had a good time in the water, even tho it was cold. Haru, we learned, doesn't like water. I enjoyed the sunshine, a little too much (just a small sunburn on my back).


After the water we walked up to the Ice cream stand nearby and got a cone each. Lyle got Green Tea ice cream which was actually pretty good. They also sell Salt ice cream there, but none of us were brave enough to try that one.... yet


Sunday we caught up on yard work and house work, then went to dinner. Since we got here we have been hearing about Coco's Curry House, so that is where we went. It was good, but I can make the same curry using the box on the grocery shelf, so we probably won't go back.

No comments: