Thursday, March 13, 2008

Maybe next year

Yep, we are saying that again.

Lyle missed his promotion by 0.4 points. His was #1 Non-selectee in his career field. That means 18 got promoted and he was #19 on the ranking. That sucks more than missing it by a mile since all it would have taken is one more correct answer... or one more medal... or a slightly better wording on his performance report.

But he is taking it in stride and has already pulled out his books to start the study grind (again) and that means he will up early so I will be back at the gym at 4 am instead of walking the neighborhood (or in addition maybe??) That also means my life of leisure is over and I will be brushing off my resume and looking for a job. Lyle says to wait until after the kids get done with summer break, but I don't want to miss the "right" job if it comes along.

I just hope they reorganize the squadron quickly so everyone can get settled and back to a normal routine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on pass over!! But that really sucks about missing SMsgt.