Friday, March 07, 2008

Catching up

I know it has been a while, so before you all started grouping me in with the bad bloggers (Jen..still no new pics??), I decided to give you an update.


First (and most important) we are no longer on lock down. Lyle (As a military member) has a curfew of 10 pm and he is not allowed to drink off base, but the rest of the family can go and do whatever we want to do.


Of course when they announced this I had already scheduled the remainder of my week. Including ortho appointments, dentist appointments, school appointments etc. So I haven't gottenthe chance to go do some much needed Yen shopping. My list has gotten very long over the last couple of weeks and I am completely out of chocolate filled marshmallows (little clouds from heaven!).


Tonight is the night tho. Stephanie is going to go do a Girl Scout event and we are all going along. She is helping with a beach clean up. I am checking the batteries in the metal detector and going too. Maybe we will have some time for a little shopping afterwards. If not, I have already claimed the car for tomorrow (Lyle has to work this weekend) so I can go then.


The biggest news for our family is our newest addition:



It has been over 5 years since Lucy passed away and the kids have been wanting a new dog ever since. We kept telling them to wait until we got our next set of orders. So as soon as we got here, they were both begging. We had been checking the rescue kennels, but never saw one we liked. This week we found an ad for a free dog. We called and the lady said the dog was a stray and she had been looking for the owners for over 2 weeks with no luck. Fully house trained, obeys the basic commands (even shakes!) and a girl (PERFECT!) We all went to look at her on Wednesday. She is the perfect size, about 20 pounds. Quiet, easy going, likes the kids (did I mention House Trained?). We told the rescuer we were very interested but needed some dog supplies,so we made arrangements to pick her up on Thursday.


It turns out she is also kennel trained. She has already adapted into our family and is very comfortable here. The first night went great, no whining or barking, just went into her kennel and ent to sleep about 9:30. She fits right in! She also went for my Walk/run this morning and keeps up with me pretty good.


Her name is Haru Inu (Haru for short) which means Spring Dog in Japanese.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some happy kids! Congrats on your new baby girl ;)

MandySue said...

SMILES!!!!!! Have fun with your new doggie! And you passed up all the training, potty pads, chewing, whoohooo, smart lady.

Bev said...

Cute Inu! :) So sweeet and the kids look so happy.

Ellen said...

How cute! What fun for the kids and I am sure she is a good companion on your walks/runs!