Thursday, April 30, 2009

I did warn you

I told you I would subject you to pictures of my knitting... Again.

When I saw this sweater on a knitting forum (http://www.ravelry.com/) I fell in love. I HAD to make one. I browsed a few websites looking for just the right yarn, took suggestions from both Ravelry and my local knitting buddies. Audrey was the one that showed me the yarn I decided to use, Knitpicks.com Shine Sport. I chose a green called LeapFrog.

I knit up a sample swatch as soon as I received my yarn and needles. Counted my stitches and compared it against the pattern. I cast on for the first time on February 23rd. I say first time, because I had to tear it out twice, due to new knitter mistakes and miscounts. But the third time was the charm.

I finally finished on Saturday April 25th. It still needs buttons, but plan on shopping for those this afternoon. My sweater has a couple of small mistakes, but it was my first and they aren't really noticable. What do you think?



4 comments:

Ellen said...

I love it!!! I have wanted to find a pattern to crochet a sweater as I hate to knit, but I haven't found the time!

Cyndy said...

Looks GREAT!

Unknown said...

Very cool! I love the design, wish I knew how to knit! Brandon actually wants to learn, told him he had to wait for Aunt Heather to return from Japan.

Anonymous said...

Very nice!!

Now, I have to add that I chuckled over the golfers in the background....and when I realized our hair is the same color ;)