Friday, October 10, 2008

A new take on recycling

Long, Long ago my Grandma Grunewald taught me to crochet. I never made anything real, I just borrowed her yarn and hooks and played.

While blog hopping one day (one of my vices, anything to keep me from housework!) I happened on this site. I dug thru my craft books and found my knitting and crocheting for dummies book and brushed up on the basics.

Now, one week later, I have taken 71 (I know, I counted) commissary bags, turned them into "yarn"


and turned that ball of plastic into a new bag.


The only bags we have on island are white (or opaque-clear) so I can't make it with pretty stripes, but as soon as I have enough bags I am definitely making another :)

Maybe, if I ask nicely, Lyle will bring me back some blue Wal-mart bags from Vegas!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When is Lyle going to Vegas? Pretty cool reuse of bags, does it hold much weight?

-Your Bro

MandySue said...

That is so neat. I love it!

ItsJustMeHeather said...

I loaded it with 7 cans (18-20 oz each) and it didn't pull the handles.