Saturday, October 18, 2008

Called to serve

I received a Jury summons in the mail today from the US District Court in Bismarck North Dakota. The pamphlet that came with my summons says I will receive $40 per day if I am selected. They will also pay my hotel($109/night) and they will give me money for transportation. The flier says 50 1/2 cents per mile for the round trip, which according to Ask.com is 13,096 miles. That comes to $6613.48. Since I know I can buy a ticket back to the States for under $1500 I would gladly take their money! Heck I might even bump myself into first class :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaaaa, that happened to me too remember? That's great!!

Unknown said...

I say call them and take them up on the free trip offer!

Enjoy the first class flight, yeah right.