Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mama's got a brand new bag

There are two things I REALLY hate shopping for: Shoes and purses.

I hate buying shoes because of my inherited feet (thanks mom!) Short and wide, with a high instep, makes for very hard to find sizing. But when I do find a pair I like I am in heaven!

I hate buying purses because they are all SOOOOO different, but none of them ever have exactly what I need: space to carry a wallet, keys, change purse, pens, etc as well as comfort and a casual look. I don't like those purses that scream LOOK AT MY BAG!

With that said, I was finally forced to get a new purse. My old blue purse lost it's handles about 2 months ago. I put the shoulder strap that came with it back on, but it did look a little sad. Lyle kept telling me to buy a new one, but that would mean shopping for a purse, which I already said I hate to do.

This weekend Rita looked at my purse and asked, "What is that?" "My purse" I said and she just shook her head. She then told me she had the perfect bag for me in her stash. She stocked up on "almost famous" purses while in Korea, and she gave one to me. She was right, it was perfect for me, and I even had a wallet in my closet that matched! Of course I owe Rita dinner, or dessert or a bottle of her favorite wine (the things I like to buy!) for giving me the perfect gift!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh how nice, and SO not "LOOK AT ME!!!" like mine hehe

someone's got to be the sensible one huh? hehe

Unknown said...

I love your post. I love to shop for purses. That one is so cute. I can't wait to see it up close