Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween

When we first arrived in Okinawa the kids asked all sorts of questions. Mostly about family traditions that were going to have to change. Like the Christmas tree- we used a miniature green tree in a pot. That will be our Okinawa Christmas tradition. For Stephanie, her concern was carving pumpkins. In North Dakota, you could get a pumpkin anywhere, but what about Okinawa? My friend Heidi reassured us that they bring pumpkins in for Halloween, but by then we had already joked about having to carve something different- like a pineapple.

This whole conversation came back to me last night as I was about to cut up a fresh pineapple to go with out dinner:


This is what I started with.









Gave it a haircut




cut a few holes for a face (next time I need a bigger pineapple).


Then light it up!

1 comment:

MandySue said...

Sooo, how did Halloween go? We waiting for a update on your Halloween festivities...