Thursday, February 05, 2009

My day off

Today is my day off from my new job. I have finally finished running all of the errands I normally space out over the whole week. It's quarter to four in the afternoon and I have a bit before I have to start preping dinner, so I will fill you in on this new development.

I mentioned a while back that I filled out a job application for the base craft store. I did this on a bit of a whim, as I was told that cashiers there are unhappy because they only get 10-15 hours a week. Sound like the perfect job to me!

Two weeks ago I got a call for an interview, went in and discovered I was being interviewed for a framing position. The frame shop manager didn't care that I had NO experience with framing, other than matting pictures. I started on Monday with a quick orientation, then Tuesday with my on the job training. I was hired with one other lady, Mary. We both quickly learned that "flex scheduling" didn't mean less than part time. I have a 32 hour schedule for the next 6 weeks!

My family will learn to adjust to having to fend for themselves (again) and I will remember how to juggle home, work, church and friends (again). I know I am only 2 days into this job, but so far I really enjoy it. I missed talking with customers everyday and figuring out how to get them what they need.

I will have to try to snap a couple pictures tomorrow to show you my new "office"!

1 comment:

Ellie Braun said...

Congratulations on your new job! It is a true testimony of your skills that you get hired so quickly wherevcer you desire a job!