Wednesday, November 26, 2008

To Work or Not to Work...

That is the question I struggle with everyday.

On the one hand I REALLY like making my own schedule, being available for lunch with my husband, and not having to worry about anything other than if the commissary has any soy milk today.

On the other hand, I miss the day to day interaction I got from working, the satisfied feeling of getting something accomplished (other than dishes) and having my own money wasn't too bad either.

Don't get me wrong....Lyle keeps telling me to do what I want, buy what I want, get anything I want. I just got used to having my own "extra" play money on paydays.

On Saturday I went to Market Day to sell my Scrapbooking wares and was set up at a table right next to the Arts & Crafts center's information booth. I mentioned to the woman running the table that working at the craft center would be one of two dream jobs for me (the other: working at the library). She told me that no one likes working there because they only get about 8 hours a week. It was right then that I decided I needed to put in my application!

I logged into the HRO website as soon as I got home and started filling in the application and other necessary forms. I haven't submitted it yet, as I haven't finished rewording my "duties" as store manager for Envision. I plan to send it in after Lyle takes a look at it over Thanksgiving, then it will go in.

I will keep you updated if my current "non-working" status changes.

No comments: