Monday, November 24, 2008

Rainy Day

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny perfect weather kind of day and we are paying for it today. It has been raining all day long. The best kind of day for curling up on the couch with my crochet project and watching dumb movies on AFN or Lifetime. But that didn't happen.

About mid morning, just after my household stuff was as done as it was going to get, the phone rang. It was the school nurse saying that she had Chris in her office. While horsing around in class he banged his elbow against a desk....Hard enough to make him pass out, fall forward out of his desk, hit hit head on the floor, breaking his glasses in the process. He wanted to stay at school, but the nurse said he had to go home (I think he must have hit his head hard!)

I jumped in my car, went to the school and picked him up. He was fine other than having a red mark on his forehead and flattened (and I meant FLATTENED) glasses in his hand. But the nurse said home so that's where we went. A free day for him, not so much for me.

1 comment:

MandySue said...

752 miles...wow you amaze me Heather!