Monday, September 15, 2008

My weekend just flu by

I meant FLU too! I woke up Friday morning at 3 am with a stuffed up head and a sore throat, so I took some allergy meds and went back to bed. When I got up at 5:30 I was still stuffy, but I figured it would fade away. I took some more allerfy meds on schedule, went to the store, made food for the crop and decided to lay down for a bit. Allergy meds always make me drowsy. I tried to nap, but I was freezing cold. By the time Lyle came home for lunch I was completely miserable.

I tried to nap it off, hoping to recover in time for this workshop I waited so long for, but when Steph came home from school at 2:30 and woke me up I knew it wasn't going to work. I cancelled the crop, rescheduling for October (and apologizing to EVERYONE)made some hot lemonade with honey, wrapped up in a billion blankets and went back to bed.

For the next 36 hours I was took my Motrin, drank my hot lemonade and laid there. It hurt to move, hurt to think, and hurt to breathe. Fortunately I have an incredible husband that took Steph to girl scouts, got Chris from the teen center, did the library run, bought food, did dishes and ran every bit of laundry in the house. I am feeling much better today, but have to wonder how long it will take before the other three are sick.

**Side Note, Lyle said he should have taken a picture of me in my misery to post on the blog. Fortunately he didn't think of it until this morning when it was too late, so none of you have to be subjected to the horror of a sick Heather :)

1 comment:

springk said...

Happy Birthday bro
hope you have a great day out there in that world of japan
take care
love sis jess