Sunday, September 28, 2008

Japanese French Toast

Time to catch up the weekend happenings. Lyle took me out to dinner Friday night. He took me to a restaurant here on Kadena called Jack's Place. Unfortunately someone decided that this "upscale" dining facility was the place for a family birthday party. We were seated next to a group of 11 kids and 13 adults. The kids were at their own set of tables, while the adults ignored them from their tables. It was so loud and disruptive we didn't really get a chance to talk, but the food was good and the conversation on the way home was fun :)

Saturday I had Market Day at the Community Center. Another chance to get rid of some retiring CM products and get more people interested in the workshop I am having in October. It was pretty slow but I made enough to make it worth while.

After that ended I made my trip to the commissary and saw this bread in the Japanese section:

The label said Choco Circ Bread. I thought it looked good for French Toast, so that is what I made for breakfast this morning:

It was very yummy. We also had some Turkey Bacon (Butterball brand is best). I love Turkey Bacon, but Stephanie has always said she doesn't. Today Lyle told her we were having "real meat bacon" She ate her 2 slices and one of Lyle's before we told her it was Turkey Bacon. She got upset for a second before saying she only likes "some turkey bacon".

Chris is performing at Church this morning so I hope to have a video to post later.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Did you color your hair? It looks dark compared to what it usually is!