Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Today is the official day Lyle and I got married, 19 years ago. There are no pictures from this day, only very fond memories. This was the day of my first ever visit to a Wal-mart. I needed to buy shoes to go with my white summer dress, all I had were sneakers :) I kept those shoes until we moved here.

Lyle and I stopped to pick up our best man, Mickey and my bridesmaid, Mark. Mark was from a small southern town, I remember him being suprised that stop lights were on poles! We got lost trying to find the church in Champaign Illinois.

We did find the church, we said our vows, I cried like a baby, then we took our "wedding party" out to lunch, at Arby's. Every anniversary dinner since (until now) has been at Arby's. Fortunately I found a recipe for a copy cat Jamocha shake, so maybe I can recreate the magic LOL.

Wow, the last 19 years have gone by so fast! Here's to the next 19!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Happy Anniversary Springs! I will go to Arby's in your honor.

Tanya said...

...oh and Wal-Mart too!

ItsJustMeHeather said...

Thank you Tanya, I will take a beef n Cheddar, curly fries and a jamocha shake. And from wal-mart...EVERYTHING!

Anonymous said...

LOL Happy Anniversary...I almost didn't read your post...got stuck staring at that cow pic on the Japanese sign.