Thursday, March 19, 2009

What have I been doing?

Not blogging! I got a reminder from my German counterpart that it has been a while so I looked at my camera to see what I still had to write about.


I ended up with a notebook full potential blog material.

I will start with this: I have been knitting. This seems to be my new passion here. I still scrapbook and have a small group of ladies that gather once a month (or so) and I think about stamping quite a bit. But that is something that requires more than 10-15 minutes of my time at once and I just don't seem to have more than that to give right now. I even started working on small projects during my lunch break at work. I don't have pictures of everything but I do have these:


Helmet liner to keep Lyle's Chem Gear from hurting his noggin. It started life as a regular hat, but I didn't make it long enough to cover his ears. Fortunately he had already asked for a helmet liner!


Lace Shawl, my first big project. This was a learning experience the whole way through, but I love it!

My "learn to keep your mouth shut" scarf. A lady in my knitting group was making a beautiful sweater from this yarn. I mentioned how pretty it was and she said when she finished she would give me whatever yarn she had left, because she never wanted to see it again. After knitting this scarf I understand why. I have one small skein left, if anyone is interested :)
This still needs to be blocked to stiffen the teeth on Chris' Chain Chomp hat. I had seen this on a knitters blog. When my knitting buddy Audrey said a young airman wanted to learn to knit just to make this hat I agreed to accompany her when they got together. I finished mine, Justin is still working on his. Personally I think he enjoys the knitting nights, 22 years old surrounded by 15 women every Tuesday night!
I am currently working on my very first sweater (for myself, in case it looks horrible) and have gotten about 1/4 of the way finished so far. I will post pictures once I make enough progress that it resembles a clothing item!

1 comment:

FFFF said...

i'm glad you told us what everything was, at first galnce I thought the shawl was a gint pair of knit undies...