Friday, March 27, 2009

I missed it!

I keep track of my miles on a sticky note in front of my computer. Whenever I think of it (or feel like it) I will go in and update, but it isn't something I do every day. I guess I should have been tho, since I missed the big 1000 mile marker :(

Of course I am never going to make it from here to Michigan, unless we extend our tour here by another 3 years (never gonna happen)

On another note, I meant to blog on Wednesday, but my day got thrown into a tailspin pretty early. I ALWAYS take off my rings and string them on my watch band. I put the watch either next to my computer or on the hook near the sink. But Wednesday when I saw my watch next to the computer only my sapphire ring was on my watch, my wedding ring was gone. I glanced around the desk, but didn't see it.

Don't panic.... just think.... I remembered having it the night before at knitting group. We were talking about local jewelers and I mentioned that I needed my ring repaired, since it was cracking. But I slipped it back on my finger.... Right?... I know I did. But then the mind started working. Did I really put it back on? Did I hand it to someone to look at? Did I drop it into my knitting bag by mistake? Could it have fallen into the bag that had my trash from dinner?

I called Lyle first, maybe he took it planning on suprising me by getting it fixed. NOPE, he didn't have it. My stomach started churning, my mind was racing. Where could it be? I emptied my knitting bag, my purse, my desk. I pulled out the fridge, the stove, the microwave. I called up to the USO, where we met Tuesday night. I searched my car. I drove up to the USO, searched the trash can, the parking lot, the room we sat in. All with no luck.

Lyle met me for lunch before I had to leave for work. He reassured me that it was somewhere and "it is just a ring".... Men don't understand.

My whole day at work was preoccupied with thoughts of the ring. At 7:30, before I left work, I called home to see if anyone needed anything before I came home. Then I was told, they found it! Lyle promised the kids Baskin Robbins Ice Cream if they could find my ring! It took them 5 minutes to see it on my computer chair, between the cushion and the back rails. Relief!

No comments: