Sunday, November 09, 2008

Where does the time go?

I know.... I know.... it has been almost 2 weeks since my last update. I have no real excuse so I won't try to tell you it is because of the kids, or my hubby being gone and coming back or my newest addicition... facebook.com (thanks to all of you!)

A quick recap of the events that stick out in my mind:

Halloween - the kids were out of school since the quarter was wrapping up. We spent a lazy day together then went to help run some booths at the church Harvest Fest. They had enough volunteers, so I was able to just sit and talk for most of the evening. Chris and Stephanie had a blast giving out candy to the winners of the various games, and didn't seem to mind not being dressed up this year. But it wouldn't be Halloween without blood and guts:

Stephanie caught her toe on an wire in the parking lot. No stitches (not even worth a doctor visit) but it definitely gave me the required scare for the holiday!

The rest of the next week went by quietly and quickly. I finished knitting the scarf for Lyle I started over a year ago, then started working on a dishcloth. Friends gave me a huge (HUGE) bag full of plastic bags, so I have another plastic bag in the works.

Lyle came home on Wednesday night. The flight from Narita airport was actually on time for a change so I didn't have long to sit at the airport for him! He brought lots of goodies from the US including a new camera for me, to replace my banged up one. The new one is small enough to fit into my purse with everything else. No more excuses for not getting the perfect picture for you all to see! He also got each of us a CSI Las Vegas shirt, and a few other little souveniers. But most important he brought me TWO boxes of cracked pepper triscuits. They have every other flavor here, but not those (my favorite!)

The kids did a drama performance at church, I am waiting for Lyle to finished editing the music back in so I can put it up for you.

Friday we took a day trip with Stephanie, since Chris was still in school. We went out to see the Kurashiki Dam:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the picture of the dam. I could have lived without the photo of stephanie's foot. Yuck. I hope it is healed up now. Poor girl. Glad Lyle is home. Sorry about the Facebook addiction. I have it, too. I wonder if there is a 12 step program for it?

MandySue said...

Ouch, Steph's poor toe. I'm glad that it wasn't as bad as it looks.

Yay for a new small camera. I got a smaller one last year and I love that I can just toss it in my purse.

Tanya said...

Oooh I missed your 700 mark, Congrats!