Friday, November 21, 2008

Turkey Day

Don't reset your clocks or double check your calendar. I am a week early on this one. But there is a reason. Lyle's squadron was supposed to have their big thanksgiving lunch on Thursday this week. He was supposed to bring a turkey, so I bought a smoked turkey. We do not normally eat turkey, not whole ones anyway. We are more the type to have the occasional Turkey Breast in the crock pot. Every year for Thanksgiving we have Lasanga, that is just our tradition.

But the squadron had a conflict of days and changed the lunch to Friday, but Lyle couldn't make Friday due to his work schedule so I cooked the turkey:

and potatoes (from a box....I wasn't supposed to make sides LOL)

and cheesy vegetable casserole:

I was even able to throw together a pumpkin dessert (Thanks to Jello!):

The kids ate, we ate and I still have a ton of turkey leftover. Tonights dinner: Turkey Tetrazini

3 comments:

MandySue said...

Happy Turkey Day!

We aren't big fans of cooking a turkey either. We have changed it up by doing turkey tenderloins, breasts and the like. We are not big dark meat fans and overall we are not big fans of turkey...especially enough to consumer turkey leftovers for a week :)

Plus it is so much nicer to be able to sleep in and then cook up a tenderloin in an hour.

Anonymous said...

I love cooking turkey and can't wait to cook up mine this year!!! Of course I have a crowd to cook for with my husband and kids so just a breast or tenderloin wouldn't cut it LOLOLOL

Unknown said...

Yummy yummy. I am wondering how the Jello pumpkin pie was? I bought one, but have not made it yet.