Monday, November 17, 2008

My Personal Blog Challenge

I have so many things to update the blog with; Kids Drama Video, Knitting, Family photos, our Aquarium trip, and a couple other little things. I have decided to challenge myself to blog once a day to catch up and see if the habit will stick. That is a bennie for you as well since you won't be overloaded with Spring Family News!

Today's blog is nothing special, just a little blurb about what made me smile today.

I had to drive Chris down the island a little bit to Camp Foster. That is the Marine base here on island that is just a short drive away. While stopped at a light I spent a minute looking around and saw someone pulling into a local gas station. All of the Japanese gas stations are full service (and at the moment cheaper than on base, but that is another story) so they have attendants at the pumps. The thing I noticed today is that the gas station attendant stands at the pumps until you pull your car up. Then they give a little bow before rushing over to pump your gas, wash your windows and all that wonderful stuff involved in Full Service. Everyone here bows a little bow at every opportunity: getting your receipt at the register...bow, stop and let someone go up the aisle ahead of you...bow, hand someone your cart of goodies to check out...bow, the construction signs, apologizing for the mess, have a picture of a man bowing. I have even found myself giving a little bow as I make eye contact, and it makes me smile :)

Don't forget to turn in tomorrow to see if I can follow through on my personal blog challenge!

No comments: