Saturday, January 03, 2009

Vend-A-Lunch

I had heard about a restaurant that used vending machines instead of waitresses. On Friday I dragged Lyle and the kids to check it out
We spent some time looking over the menu, only half was translated into English :(
Put our money into the machine:
Pushed the button for the meal or item we wanted and it gave us this:

Which we gave to the cook behind the counter. We had a seat and he brought us our food, nice and hot:

I got the Garlic Pork Rice with 3 Gyoza,

the kids both selected plain white rice and 5 gyoza

Lyle was adventurous and got a ramen soup with pork,nori (seaweed) and a slice of hard boiled egg floating in it.

We all agreed that the garlic pork rice was the best (in fact, we bought a second meal to share before leaving), Lyle's soup was pretty good, and the gyoza were incredible. We love vending machine food! I heard there was another like it in American Village.... we may be going there next!

2 comments:

Marla said...

Heather, I read your blog from the link at Susans, I love reading your adventures.

Marla

ItsJustMeHeather said...

It's nice to "meet" you Marla. I read yours too :)