Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Car - Check Wall of Gum - Check Check

Today I woke with a list and a mission.  The first thing I had to do is claim our poor Durango.  Four and a half years ago we put it in storage right here in Seattle, and I was anxious to see how the vehicle did.

After filling out a little paperwork, they brought my truck around, freshly bathed and ready for inspection.  The storage unit installed a brand new battery just last week, and took great care of our car.  The only dents and scratches were the ones we created.  They even vacuumed the interior, and I know we didn't do that when we dropped it off!
Next stop, the gas station, since the fill tank light was on the second I climbed in.  After filling my tiny Ipsum for 4 years the $92 price tag at the pump was a little scary. 

Third stop on my list was the Dodge dealership for a complete check over.  I was there long enough to knit an entire dishcloth


Once they were done checking it over, I paid my bill and headed back to the hotel for Chris and Haru.  Once we got Haru settled in the truck we headed toward downtown Seattle.  The mission - locate the Wall of Gum.  My directions indicated it was off Pike's market down Post Alley.
After a few wrong turns we found a parking spot and set to walking until we found-
So we followed the signs and found the wall-
Chris and I both added our own contribution -

Then we were off to do a little sightseeing and shopping.  The fresh fruit and vegetable stands were just like I dreamed about on Okinawa, we sampled (a bought) fresh pears that were INCREDIBLE!



After looking at all this yummy food and walking by the vendors we decided it was time for lunch.  Chris chose a Hot Link sausage, I picked up World Famous mac n cheese and a ham & spinach Piroshky.  YUM!

After lunch, Haru hinted she was tired and it was time to go back to our room, so we did.

 Tomorrow we start the down the Oregon coastline.  I can only hope the weather we have had here the last few days holds.



No comments: