Monday, December 17, 2007

Your not in ND anymore.....

I tried to register the kids for school today. Chris, Steph and I walked to the high school first thing this morning. Believe it or not, Chris REALLY wanted to get to school! Unfortunately, I had left his passport in the room, so I took the paperwork with me. I also stopped my the school Steph would be going to so I could get her paperwork as well. The registrar there told me that Steph was missing an immunization in her records that she needed before she could attend.

So off we went to the base clinic. Honestly, my expectation was that we wouldn't be in the system yet and we would have to go back after Lyle finished inprocessing. Imagine my suprise when I walked in, with just shot records and ID card in hand, and they (brace yourself) HELPED ME! I didn't have to wait in line, take a number, or fill out a yellow card form! The wonderful people at the desk took my forms, checked the computer and said both kids needed Hep A and Steph needed Meningococcul (I screwed that up. but you get the idea). Then we went right into the back, they got their shots and we left, updated forms in hand. That is when it truly hit me.... We weren't in Grand Forks anymore :)

I have filled out the forms and depending on what Lyle learned from housing this morning, the kids will be in school on Wednesday.

5 comments:

Northblogger said...

Glad you made it safely! Hope all is going well. Everything is fine here.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is Heather is putting on the Kilometers. That is a good walk from the tlf to the high school and back to the clinic. We miss you!!! I miss there!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so you found something positive about leaving GF too....NO YELLOW CARD!! hehe

MandySue said...

Yippee, I am sure after all that traveling you are ready for a silent morning with no kids and a cup of coffee!!! Oh, maybe a nap too! Ok well that's what I would probably do :)

Bev said...

:) Now you get to be that AF wife that's lived through a ND assignment! Can't wait! LOL