Thursday, December 20, 2007

Latest News

I know it has been a few days since my last post. Just a quick update on the last 2 days.

Lyle and I bought a car. We didn't test drive it..... you can't. All of the cars on the lot are parked in a way it would take hours to get each one available. So we bought it the same way I have always picked my cars. It was cute, I wanted it, I got it :)

We also got our house. We will be leaving in an area called Washington Heights. It is on Kadena AFB, which is better than most people on our flight were offered. The size isn't nearly as bad as I was imagining in my head either. It is a bit bigger than our Indiana Street Ranch house, without the basement. We have 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. We are the "a" unit of a four-plex. It was pouring down rain when we got to look at it, so I have no pictures, but I will be getting some soon.

Due to the Christmas holiday, our AF furniture can't be delivered until the 26th, so we official move in on the 27th. Of course our personal belongings aren't here yet, so no big rush on moving I guess.

The kids love their schools. Chris is excited that the schedule is only 4 classes a day (rotating schedule for 8 classes total). And Stephanie is happy with her first male teacher, Mr Kinghorn.

That is it for now.

1 comment:

Bev said...

Dear Favorite Japanese Customer, please email me your new address so I can send you a new catty. :) I think they'll be here today!