Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hair Cut

Okay, I finally got the phone number of a Marine wife on nearby Camp Lester that does hair from her house. She speaks english, cuts, styles and colors hair. I have seen her work on a few different ladies with different hair types and they all look great. Did I mention she speaks English? Unfortunately, she caught a hop to the US and with the cut in "Freedom Flights" until a new contract is signed in September she will stay there :(

I tried to hold out, but my hair was driving me crazy. Add the humidity to naturally curly and slightly overgrown hair, you have a mess. No matter how much gel, anti-frizz creme and hair spray I used, by day's end my hair was pulled back into barrettes and looking bad anyway.

So I went to the local salon, booked the first available appointment (and one for Stephanie) and hoped for the best.

I let Stephanie go first. That is why we have kids, right? To let them test the dangerous waters before we leap in? While she was in the chair getting a basic trim I browsed the magazines looking for my standard style. You all know, the hair I had before I left North Dakota. No muss, no fuss, just wash and go. I found a picture that was close and showed it to my stylist, Miyagi, along with my ID card. Then I closed my eyes and let her go.

I had to get her to cut more than she wanted, I needed more layers than she was cutting. She did pretty good, until she got out the hair dryer. While taking the brush and dryer to my head she explained in broken english that, to get the hair straight you must brush in opposite direction. All I saw was a helmet of hair getting bigger by the second. I tried not to worry, told her I didn't need hair spray, paid my bill, then rushed home to send you all a picture. Unfortanately it calmed a bit before I found batteries for the camera, but you get the idea:


I showered and then "styled" my hair with a little gel. Much Better!

No comments: