Saturday, October 17, 2009

Update!

I have a lot of things to post about, but have decided to hold all that for something more newsworthy.... Tonight's dinner.
My BFF (Best Foodie Friend) Susan posted a recipe yesterday that sounded yummy. She gave the link and some advice about trying to add a can of black beans. I checked the pantry and noticed we had all 6 ingredients needed, so I dropped them in the crockpot for tonight's dinner.


I added the 1 can of black beans, drained and I used a can of corn, rather than frozen.

The result:
And for dessert: Cherry Almond Angel Roll
I substituted Strawberry Pie Filling for the Cherry, since Lyle doesn't care for cooked (aka Mushy) cherries. It was incredible!
And it even looked pretty:


Thank you again Susan, for an incredible dinner suggestion!

No comments: