Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to school

It took me a while but I finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up! I enrolled in college and have finished my first week back to school. Granted I am only taking 2 real classes (and 1 one credit "required" class)but I am still a little worried about how well I will do.

I am already having a little anxiety about my writing class. I like to write, and I don't think I totally suck at it. I also have opinions, and I am usually good at sharing them. So why is it that as soon as my writing teacher handed out our course list and I saw that we had 4 papers to do, my mind went blank. And it still is...totally and utterly blank. What do I know? What should I write about? Can I actually convince anyone to see my point of view in 600 words?

My business class is an online class, and the instructor just posted our first information this morning. I glanced at it, printed out and am getting ready to actually look at it, but I am a bit afraid. Do I really have what it takes to be a college student? Am I putting to much pressure on myself?

I guess only time will tell. I have already enrolled for my next term classes, so I have commited myself until the end of December. Maybe by then I will be more confident that I am doing what I need to do.

Off to study.... wish me luck!

No comments: