Saturday, May 23, 2009

100 Yen find

You already know my favorite store is the 100 Yen store. I love this place because you never know what you will find. The stock is constantly rotating and each 100 yen store has a different "specialty" item. Naval Kadena's 100 yen shop has the best selection of storage containers, the big 100 yen store by the convention center has the best food selection, etc.

While browsing the big yen store for fun foods I ran accross this: I decided that for 100 yen we would try it out. I "read" the directions:
Opened the package:

And mixed it up in my saute pan:



As with american prepackaged foods, mine didn't look ANYTHING like the package said it would. Turns out this was a shrimp flavored pasta and it was very, very shrimpy tasting. Stephanie enjoyed it more than the rest of us did. Someday I am going to have to sit down and finish learning my Japanese phonetics so I can decipher these packages in the store!

No comments: