Saturday, April 26, 2008

Surprise!

I got Happy Mail! A box from my partner in crime in Germany. It contained some stamping supplies that I had ordered, tons of expired coupons (still good here!), and YUMMY YUMMY snacks from Real (her favorite store). I ate the little wafer cookie thing first. It was much like the "chocolate covered packing peanut log" I had sent her, but with much more chocolate. The Germans know how to do chocolate!

The kids enjoyed the Kinder Eggs (okay we ALL enjoyed the kinder eggs.) We played with the little toys that were hidden inside. Somehow, I got a spy toy, a morse code clicker, while everyone else got cute little, bright colored bunnies. Lyle took my clicker to work so he can keep everyone in line! We haven't tried the peanut flippies or the Ketchup flavored teddy snacks yet, and the German coffee is waiting for a morning that I can actually savor the flavor, rather than slurping it down on the way out the door.

I spent a couple hours looking through all the coupons and pulling out the ones I could use. I have already been to the store once and got Chicken fries for the boy, 89 cents, Rice a roni, 40 cents, and snacks for Haru, 68 cents. I love those $1 off coupons!

And since my creative cling showed up I was able to mount some stamps that have been sitting for months and do some stamping. I didn't take any pictures of my handiwork, so you will just have to imagine :)

My other surprise this week was my anniversary present to Lyle. I had been secretly working on a cross stitch project to help cover our bare walls. I finished it last week and took it in to get it framed. The skills center assured me it would be done before Wednesday. Wednesday morning they still hadn't called so I stopped in and it was "almost" ready, just needed to be assembled, sealed and hung. They said it would be done in 45 minutes. So I ran and got my groceries, then came back. I glanced at it, quickly because I needed to get the groceries home before having to pick Lyle up for lunch. It looked fine (really nice in fact), so I resealed the brown paper cover and took it home. At lunch I gave Lyle his gift. He was surprised and really liked it, went to hang it on the wall. Apparently the skills center hurried through to get it done for me and didn't pay attention to which direction it needed to hang:





I am taking it back in this weekend to be rehung!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL how were the dickmanns? I haven't tried them, the name just cracks me up lol

Eleanor said...

What is it?

ItsJustMeHeather said...

Susan, The Dickmann's chocolates were okay (not as good as the hazelnut chocolate). They tasted alot like chocolate covered cherries without any cherries :)

Mom, The picture is a wolf hiding behind a tree, glad your blogger is up and running !

The picture has been repaired, the skills center was VERY apologetic.